If you take medication on a long term basis you can request a repeat prescription in the following ways.
- Online - follow the link at the top of this page to complete a simple registration.
- In person - hand your repeat slip into reception with the required items clearly marked.
- By post - send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- NHS App
Please note we do not accept requests for prescriptions over the telephone.
In some circumstances the doctor may leave you a prescription for a condition that you may have telephoned the surgery for to ask for advice. This is at the discretion of the doctor, you may be asked to book an appointment to be seen in clinic.
Prescriptions Charges and Exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 15 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website
Please allow 48 hours, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays, for your request to be processed. Any problems please telephone the surgery.